The Devices group is chartered with building platforms and programs globally that help customers discover, choose, purchase, and use Amazon Devices and Accessories. These include Echo, Kindle, FireTV, and Fire tablets. We are a cross-platform team that builds experiences online through mobile and desktop. We automate activities throughout the product life cycle, so fewer resources are needed to launch and support the growing Amazon Devices business. Our stakeholders include the Product and Marketing teams for all of the device categories, international markets, and Site Merchandisers.
We’re looking for an experienced, results-oriented Software Development Engineer capable of building a world class customer experience on the Amazon retail website. We own highly scalable and robust platforms to provide the best customer experience possible for buying Amazon devices and accessories. These solutions cover a broad range of functional/technical areas and change the way customers find, learn, configure, and pay for Amazon's flagship products.
As an SDE in this group, you will lead and mentor other talented engineers. You will be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind. You will interact with Product Managers and Designers and convert their vision into a technical solution. You will collaborate with other Software Engineers and guide the team on web/mobile development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build.
The Devices team is chartered with building platforms and programs globally, that help customers discover, choose, purchase, and use Amazon Devices and Accessories. These include Echo, Kindle, FireTV, and Fire tablets. We are a cross-platform team that builds experiences online through mobile and desktop, and automate activities throughout the product lifecycle, so fewer resources are needed to launch and support the growing Amazon Devices business. Our current project is about reducing cost and effort for marketing teams, and for product launches, enabling faster, more secure device launches, and a better experience for the OX Marketing team.
You will work closely with product managers and UX designers to identify and solve real-world customer problems and business opportunities. You will have the opportunity to interact with senior engineers throughout the company to determine the best practices for architecting, building, testing, and deploying software solutions/components. You will have complete ownership to define new shopping experiences and drive innovation with the latest technologies, including machine learning. We encourage experimentation and pushing innovative technology solutions. You will also have opportunities to build platforms and influence other groups as you define new customer experiences. We are a full stack team, so you will have experience in all aspects of our multi-tiered environment.
Software development engineer positions require a depth and breadth of knowledge in design and development, experience with agile methodologies, proficiency in a high-level language, experience building highly scalable, systems involving distributed services and persistent storage. You will own the design of major deliverables and have opportunities to build them from scratch. This is a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company.
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience taking a core role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of professional software development experience
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
· Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
· Deep understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
· Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)