Do you love movies? Are you intrigued about how “The Matrix” is streamed to a computer and recreated on the screen? Are you excited about building products for hundreds of millions of customers, including your friends and family?
The Prime Video Player team owns the video players running on a vast array of devices where customers watch videos, from Smart TVs to desktop computers to mobile phones, tablets and anything in between.
We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to help us build the best video playback experience for Amazon customers.
Our team enjoys a fast paced, highly collaborative environment. To be successful, you will need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You work on big, creative ideas, and you are hands on with incremental features. You are a true owner – you care about the customer experience deeply and you care about the long term sustainability of the product just as deep. You create extensible design and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind.
· Masters or Ph.D degree in computer science or related discipline
· Understanding of streaming video concepts
· Experience in building successful consumer facing products
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelors degree in computer science or related discipline
· 3+ years experience in object oriented design, test driven development and continuous integration