Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech and IoT? Amazon Alexa Voice Services (AVS) team is looking for experienced SDET, you can be part of the team that makes Alexa smarter by making Alexa Integration easier. A Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET) at Amazon is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You'll be writing code that automatically verifies that if anything does go wrong, you're code will tell us. That means that you potentially write more code than the developers.
*Design and build the automated test frameworks and test suites for use in development and testing cycles
*Utilize innovative test technologies to develop a product's testing strategy
*Participating in design and code inspections.
*Perform functional testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionality of services to as a prequel to automation
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
Ideal candidate profile
· BS degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution
· 5 to 8 years of core development experience as a Software Engineer
· Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Demonstrable experience in writing clean code quickly
· Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
· Experience in writing testing frameworks and automation tools is preferable
· Background in test automation using Java and applicable languages.
· Working knowledge of common automation frameworks.
· Excellent written and spoken communication