At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we’re constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best-in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. Come join the team and help us make history!
We are looking for a Snr. Program Manager, Capacity Allocation to build and manage capacity allocation modelling for Amazon’s Delivery Service Partners (DSPs) as part of a new growth program.
This leader will be the single source of truth for planning where DSP capacity is required in our network based on a number of fluid inputs. The role interfaces with a number of key stakeholders that rely on the projections you deliver, in particular you will partner with the business development team providing DSP capacity plans that drive marketing and lead generation strategies. Ideal candidates have a passion for complex modeling and thrive on solving difficult problems with high levels of ambiguity. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet short deadlines. The ability to make connections between data and real time operations along with proven stakeholder and project management skills are critical for success in this role. The leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Some of the key job functions are:
· Developing mechanisms to support ingest of various data sources from key stakeholders
· Build DSP capacity allocation plans that drive business decisions utilizing real time information and historical trends
· Monitor and report on bottlenecks in hitting DSP capacity targets
· Ability to translate modelled timelines into building realistic yet attainable capacity plans
· Lead, direct, supervise and control the execution of the capacity plans
· Have backbone and respectfully challenge multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
· Earn trust through pro-active stakeholder management providing insight into future capacity needs
· Possess a strong oversight on the financial and administrative constraints of the DSP program which may impact decision making in the planning process
Location : Flexible
· Additional language
· Logistics experience
· Experience of leading a virtual team across EU or similar geography
· A history of developing strong, value-add partnerships preferably with 3P suppliers
· Start-up experience
· · Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent communication skills
· · Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams.
· · 5+ years of experience in complex capacity planning or financial modeling.
· Can work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Proven track record of managing multiple priorities