Are you passionate about making shopping easier and more personalized for every Amazon customer? Do you thrive in entrepreneurial environments? Amazon Assistant is changing the way customers shop online and is an integral part of the daily shopping experience providing contextually relevant and predictive shopping help whenever and wherever the customer is. Amazon Assistant brings Amazon to customers on any device to offer true shopping assistance anywhere they shop off-Amazon. By shopping with Amazon Assistant customers can find what they need faster and discover more products and services personalized for them.
It's Day 1 and we're rapidly expanding worldwide, experimenting to evolve Amazon Assistant into a personalized experience for every Amazon customer. Amazon Assistant consists of five tech teams spanning mobile, engagement, personalization, big data, contextual technologies, and a global product and marketing team.
In this position you will be the single threaded leader of our off-Amazon contextual shopping experience across desktop and mobile. Our off-Amazon contextual experience intelligently displays the best offers to customers and the right interesting upper funnel content to help customers make informed decisions or narrow down their search. You will own an experimental roadmap informed by our internal and external partner teams across Amazon to test displaying relevant features, programs and services as customers shop across the web. This role allows you to have a tremendous impact to our customers and show value of Amazon's offers and content as they comparison shop. You will have the opportunity to make an incredible impact on our customers.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
· Fun to work with. At Amazon, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. You thrive working in a collaborative environment with a cross-functional team.
· Passionate about personalization. You love personalized experiences and understand how it makes shopping easier for you. You stay on top of industry trends and the latest on retail innovations. You want to make an impact on every Amazon customer when they shop anywhere.
· Celebrates experimentation and data-driven decisions. You like to dive deep into the technical details and data. You love to experiment and uncover new learnings and avenues to make an impact on our customers. While you don't need to have a software development background, you will need to be able to work intimately with a technical team to determine the best experience for our customers.
· Entrepreneurial. We are in the beginning stages and very much in start-up mode. We need someone who is self-driven, works well in a fast-paced environment, and loves to collaborate. The ideal candidate can think big, take an idea and develop it into a broader vision. This role is highly visible and you will have the opportunity to influence stakeholders across Amazon and the senior leadership team
Key responsibilities include:
· Being the single threaded leader of a highly visible program
· Drive thought leadership
· Work closely with engineering, design, business development, marketing and stakeholders across Amazon on strategic initiatives
· Lead product and technology roadmaps from concept to execution
· Identify, assess and manage risks and tradeoffs
· Optimize existing processes and ensuring the successful growth of the program
· Balance business needs with technical constraints
If you want to innovate and build transformative technology driven products, join us in making history.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, science, mathematics or related field.
· 7+ years of relevant work experience in product management or related function.
· Excellent customer intuition; demonstrated success in identifying, prioritizing and delivering product capabilities to delight customers.
· Strong data analysis skills; the ability to run and synthesize data in order to make on-point business decisions
· Prior experience delivering innovative and user-friendly customer-facing experiences.
· An outstanding oral and written communicator, with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Ability to think innovatively and creatively about complex and technical problems.
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities.