Amazon is seeking qualified Security Engineers to join our innovative, high energy Information Security team and work within the Amazon Security Operations Center (ASOC). ASOC Security Engineers respond to security events, conduct analysis of threats such as malware and intrusion attempts, and provide security services to safeguard highly sensitive data. They work hands-on with detection systems and vulnerability analysis tools to respond to potential threats to Amazon systems. ASOC Security Engineers are unique individuals prepared to relentlessly resolve security issues by gathering and analyzing event data and conducting root-cause analysis.With your technical expertise, you will be solving security challenges at scale, working to protect the applications powering the most sophisticated e-commerce platform ever built. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of forensics, malware analysis, network security, application security, cryptography, and security intelligence.
· Responding to security incidents, and coordinating a cohesive response involving multiple teams across Amazon.
· Providing security engineering solutions and support during customer-facing incidents, proactively considering the prevention of similar incidents from occurring in the future.
· Assisting in the development of pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements while maintaining an acceptable level of risk.
· Identifying and recommending solutions that improve or expand Amazon’s incident response capabilities.
· Working alongside and mentoring Information Security engineers to improve security, reduce and quickly address risk.
· Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research to Amazon, coordinating response as necessary across affected teams.
· Keeping your knowledge and skills current with the rapidly changing threat landscape.
· Participating in a follow-the-sun on-call rotation.