The Amazon Alexa team focuses on bringing user-delighting, voice-activated experiences to Amazon customers. The mission of the Alexa Cloud Secure Solutions team is to safeguard Alexa customers by developing world class, innovative solutions for the biggest security challenges. These challenges span the capabilities Alexa supports from communications to smart home to shopping to integration with financial institutions. They also include the core Alexa functionality (e.g., machine learning). We are passionate problem solvers with deep security expertise. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will partner with world-class technical leaders, security experts, developers, business teams, scientists and data analysts across the organization, spanning a wide range of disciplines.
We are looking for a Security Engineer to help ensure the Alexa security challenges are properly understood and prioritized. You will be working with other product and security teams to identify problems for your larger team to solve. You will provide the technical expertise to root out problems that others would miss. You will also participate in and provide input on innovate solutions that raise the bar for the industry. The teams building the solutions will also seek your input to help ensure their solutions are secure.
In this role you will:
· Work closely with security engineers and product teams to uncover security challenges
· Provide technical security expertise when looking for problems
· Provide input to help prioritize issues so impact of the team can be maximized
· Brainstorm innovative solution options
· Verify if the solutions to security challenges are acceptable
· Contribute to write-ups for executive leadership on the findings, and solutions
The ideal candidate is a creative security expert with strong analytical abilities and judgment. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of relevant work experience in security disciplines. The ideal candidate will also have experience contributing to solutions to security problems and working on complex security projects.
· Experience developing software solutions
· Experience working directly with machine learning technologies
· Ideal candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and self-motivated, with the ability to design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code
· Experience securing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Most of all: enthusiasm, creativity, and inventiveness! You will be asked to find new ways to solve challenging problems every day
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience
· 3+ years working on software products related to information security, data privacy, or regulatory compliance.
· Understanding of security vulnerabilities and mitigations
· Ability to model threats for services
· An understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security