Amazon India has a bold vision to become the most trusted, widely accepted platform for food and grocery. To execute on this vision, Amazon India is systematically investing in local product innovation in areas of food sourcing, vendor payment processing and warehouse logistics.
Our team's charter spans across delivering groceries to customers ultra fast (within hours) and innovating customer experience in physical retail. We are also building the next generation sourcing supply chain in India for perishable selection and farm produce. This is a unique opportunity to build a brand new infrastructure that helps us win big within grocery space.
We’re looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented, and technically-savvy Quality Assurance Technician (QAT) to perform manual testing across our products and services. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with multiple teams and disciplines across Amazon to test new retail shopping experiences. This includes end-to-end experience across browsers and devices that enable consumers to easily find, purchase, and reorder the products they need or use every day within grocery space.
QATs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of understanding and driving test execution with minimal help. They work towards understanding application performance, functionality, and features to great depth enabling them to report issues, take ownership and drive them to closure. QATs are highly accurate in performing application tests and reporting the behaviour ensuring that there is no ambiguity while reproducing issues. High quality and accuracy is maintained throughout the application release without compromising on deadlines. As a QAT, you'll manage the flow of development code submissions through our deployment pipeline performing configurations, testing and deployment of content to ensure it meets our high-quality customer experience. Above all, you'll play a vital role in helping us meet our high velocity releases on schedule.
* Perform manual testing of services and UI features on desktop browsers, mobile browsers and mobile shopping application.
* Analyze test logs; provide accurate reports with unambiguous steps to reproduce the issues reported.
* Communicate and partner with different teams (both internal and external) to address the issues reported and drive them to closure.
* Maintain detailed and accurate progress records to enable aggregate performance and issue tracking.
* Identify, communicate, and champion process improvement opportunities that will benefit the entire team.
* Web based product experience.
* Passion for computers, e-commerce, the Internet, and the mobile market segment.
* Self-motivation and a strong bias for action; the ability to hit aggressive productivity goals without micro-management.
* Strong communication skills; the ability to partner with team members and internal partners effectively.
Ideal candidate profile
* 2+ years quality assurance testing experience in a technology industry or equivalent.
* Bachelor’s degree with concentrations in computer science or equivalent.
* Excellent testing skills.
* Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle multiple tasks in parallel without lowering the quality bar.