The International Quality for Alexa team focuses on expanding Alexa’s capabilities on a global scale. We take on the unique challenge of understanding the nuances of how Alexa enabled devices can serve customers’ needs in different cultures and locations. Our mission is to ensure Alexa understands our international customers and that the VUI experience is linguistically, culturally and contextually appropriate on the device of their choice.
If you are interested in shaping the future of Alexa for customers around the world, come and join our team.
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand UK and Ireland customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests which represent our UK & IE customers linguistically, culturally and contextually.
QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
· Strong experience working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
· Strong experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Strong experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
· Strong experience improving product test coverage and effectiveness
· Strong experience in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
Ideal candidate profile
Basic Qualifications: Fluent in UK English.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and years relevant work experience, or relevant work experience
· Strong experience in test automation
· Strong experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer-oriented products
· Strong experience with QA methodology (test generation, planning and strategy) and tools (e.g. bug tracking tools)
· Strong experience in object-oriented programming language (Python)
· Strong experience of UNIX/Linux operating systems