Quality Assurance Techs (QATs) work on testing Devices at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. QATs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking on tasks of test case execution from start to completion with minimal help. QATs are responsible for understanding the product in detail, and updating the test case tool with test execution results. QATs also have experience with gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files and reproduce errant product behavior to assist developers or other testers and identify, track, and accurately report defects found. QATs produce good reproducible defect reports to verify fixed bugs are truly fixed. In addition to experience with manual testing, we’re looking for a detail-oriented Quality Assurance professional who excels at finding bugs and working on a wide range of technologies.
· Perform manual testing of services and UI features on Fire TV and Fire Tablets, through tester audits.
· Develop and execute automated tests and test plans.
· Analyze test logs; provide accurate reports with unambiguous steps to reproduce the issues reported.
· Communicate and partner with different teams (both internal and external) to address the issues reported and drive them to closure.
· Maintain detailed and accurate progress records to enable aggregate performance and issue tracking.
· Identify, communicate, and champion process improvement opportunities that will benefit the entire team.
· Prioritization of own work and operating with limited discretion.
· Keeping team members informed of issues that affect you and escalating concerns promptly and appropriately with limited guidance.
· Ability to manage directly assigned tasks and on-call duties gracefully.
· Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in delivering a world-class customer experience (ideally in Devices)
· Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple projects simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience of 2 or more years
· Demonstrated experience working as part of a team against deadlines with multiple stakeholders
· Excellent testing skills.
· Demonstrated use at the consumer level of software, computers and devices
· Sustained coursework, or certificate of completion in Computer Science or related technical field
· Attention to details and ability to root cause important issues impacting process or customers