At Amazon, we are continuously striving to me the most customer-centric company in the world. AWS have been helping over one million customers in over 190 countries, from Airbnb to GE, to deliver flexibility, scalability and reliability across their organizations. Behind this success is exceptionally talented, bright and driven individuals who work hard, have fun and make history.
As a Solution Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's services (like Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon SQS, etc) within strategic accounts across Italy.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess customer-facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think structured about business, product, and technical challenges.
The AWS SA team provides a ramp-up program that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, job shadowing opportunities, and a peer-reviewed opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers, drive AWS adoption and revenue.
· Be an AWS evangelist. Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS.
· Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
· Conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
· Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, etc.
· Present sessions at AWS and industry conferences.
· Technical liaison between customers, service engineering & support teams.
· Serve as a key member of the sales team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
· Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
· Own each engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS SA community.
· Technical degree required Computer Science or Maths background highly desired working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired § AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
· Experience with software/technology in a customer facing role
· Experience with “on-premise to cloud” migrations or IT transformations
· Experience architecting/operating solutions build on AWS
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
· Extensive design/implementation/consulting/devops experience with distributed applications
· Extensive experience in infrastructure or software architecture, with knowledge in associated technology areas such as databases and networking.
· Experience in pre-sales engineering or solutions architecture for technology/software sales
· Ability to travel, including internationally.
· Fluency in Italian and English is essential, knowledge of other European languages is advantageous
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.