We are looking for a unique professional to join our Amazon Web Services (AWS) Commercial Sales – Americas Human Resources team as an HR Business Partner / Americas Talent Management Leader. In this position you will focus on supporting various revenue generating client groups to develop and execute people priorities that enable business performance and foster the employee experience. Here is a sample of the job responsibilities:
· Develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve HR initiatives and deliver results.
· Deliver results in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment
· Provide valuable input and expertise to your client groups in terms of employment legislation, policies and practices.
· Review and improve processes in partnership stakeholders and service teams.
· Work with line managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests.
In addition, the role will act the lead Americas Talent Management leader. You will liaison between World Wide Commercial Operations (WWCO) and AWS Talent Management and Leadership Development organizations and the Americas business, with responsibility for talent management and development strategies, plans, and programs across executives, leaders, manager, early career, and key capability areas for the Americas organization. Working with Americas HR, talent management, leadership development and talent acquisition partners, you will define, build, refine and implement progressive and industry defining talent practices and programs to enable the dynamic, growing AWS business to service customer needs across the Americas. Through at-scale programs and high touch engagements, this role will ensure that the Americas has a surplus of talent to fuel its growth.
· Experience multi-state and international employment laws.
· Passion for data, innovative HR solutions and process improvement. A keen interest in experimentation.
· Successful record of building and improving operational processes and procedures, ability to drive program efficiency and high levels of customer satisfaction.
· High proficiency in excel. Proficiency in data visualization tools is a bonus.
· Experience working in a start-up like environment where the pace is quick and your responsibilities stretch between strategic and tactical.
· A graduate degree in Human Resources or social science is preferred.
· Strong ownership and attention to detail.
· Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and willingness to be vocally self-critical.
· Able to manage workflow, with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
· Proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and make the best use of limited resources.
· Able to identify a business challenge, articulate it into a problem statement and then solve it using data, science and/or art.
· Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· At least 10 years of professional HR or HR management experience.
· 10 plus years of broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource theory, including employee development and performance appraisal systems.
· Undergraduate degree in human resources or business.