We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We're looking for an outstanding Principal Hardware Designer - Vehicle who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our engineering teams. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
· From the Aircraft Level requirements, and in collaborations with the Flight Physics department defines the design solutions for the airframe and identifies the approach to test
· Represents the technical authority for the materials selection and certification
· Owns the airframe requirements, from airworthiness to detail design
· Defines the interfaces between work packages
· Validates the structural analyses & validates the system installations
· Ensures that DfX (Design for manufacturing, maintainability, cost) criteria are embedded in the design
· Ensures, with the air vehicle design teams, compliance to the airframe and installation Requirements
· Stimulates communication between the technology area functions with which she/he interfaces
· Stimulates personal development of the directly or indirectly managed resources
Export License Control
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf. Internal job description
· Prior experience leading teams as a technical leader
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· 6-10 years in Aeronautical Design Organizations in design & certification/qualification of Airframe with composite component
· Experience in: Aeronautical Engineering (general science), Structural solutions for UAS/ CS-23/CS-25 aircraft, development & certification, Composite material design and manufacturing processes, FEM, Aircraft Design, Structural Dynamics, Structural Loads, Interfaces management, Airworthiness Certification Rules, and Configuration Management & Control
· Excellent cross-organizational coordination
· Excellent communication, including engineers through executives