We are working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges and provide visible benefit to end users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We are looking for an outstanding Engineer who combines superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams. We are looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems! You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon's ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelors of Science Degree or Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or similar related field with 15 years of relevant work experience
· 10 years of experience in composite material process development and evaluation of manufacturing processes and testing
· 5 years of experience in the development of test methods used to create allowables for aerospace designs
· Demonstrated experience and understanding of the building block approach to the validation of design and analysis methods for production aerospace vehicles
· 5 years of experience in mechanical design using CATIA, ENOVIA or similar CAD design software and PLM system
· Demonstrated experience in the engineering design and release process
· 5 years of experience in the development of subcomponent and component level testing of aerospace designs
· Experience interacting with vendors for the manufacturing of tooling and mechanical fixtures in a fast-paced environment