We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We're looking for an outstanding Senior Manufacturing Engineer - DFX who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems! You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· 3+ years’ experience with composites manufacturing, electronics assembly and testing, aerospace industry
· Proficiency with mini tab
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Experience as a technical lead managing small teams of engineers; ability to mentor and guide engineers
· Experience designing manufacturing systems that have been successfully deployed at scale
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Manufacturing and Systems Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or related field and 10+ years of relevant work experience
· Strong Mathematical/ Statistical/ Physics fundamentals
· Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to present and explain design, defect data, metrics, supplier quality, improvement initiatives and status to top leadership and/ or government officials
· 7+ Years’ experience in manufacturing engineering design projects; experience managing vendors locally and abroad; driving fast development cycles
· 7+ years’ experience using data to find root cause, develop solutions and implement process improvement plans
· Expertise and proven result in Design for Excellence (DFX)
· Excellent people skills
· Strong skills with M/S outlook, word, excel, project, CAD software
· Ability to travel 15% globally to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders