We’re working on the future! If you are seeking an iterative, fast-paced environment where you can innovate, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
The Flight Operations Instructor is responsible for training and currency activities. Responsibilities include:
· Direct training in formal classroom and operations settings to include scenario based exercises, web based training, and other forums as required
· Develop and evolve training material to support focus areas such as but not limited to, module development, course outlines, lesson plans, exams, workbooks, completion certificates, and training aids
· Conduct initial qualification evaluations
· Perform administrative duties relative to training such as preparing for the delivery of training, record keeping, monitoring student progress, and maintenance of training program materials
· Maintain UAS currency and proficiency
The successful candidate will also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge of a wide variety of operational and regulatory concepts, particularly within aviation, is essential to perform the role successfully. The candidate must also possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) or equivalent
· Work experience in avaition operations, training, safety or a combination thereof
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years working in aviation, preferable in manned or unmanned training role (Part 91, 141, 121, 135 or combination thereof)
· FAA Private Pilot license and FAA part 107 Remote Pilot in Command certificate
· Bachelors Degree
· Must be able to travel 30%, as necessary
· Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe products.