We are a small team in AWS with the goal of helping customers understand the complexity of AWS pricing. We are looking for a Frontend Engineer who can help lead a transformation of how we display AWS service pricing. As an engineer on the team you will be focused on not just building one-off web experiences for an individual AWS service but adding clever configuration layers which allow the same web experience to be repurposed for other services. In this way, you’ll have maximum impact with minimal effort.
This job designs, codes, tests, documents, and supports the software that makes AWS pricing pages great. If you are looking for a position with a small mandate and limited visibility, this isn’t the position for you. On the other hand, if you are looking for a highly visible role that helps almost every AWS customer, we’d love to hear from you.
· Have built and launched new websites
· Automated build systems with Webpack
· Comfortable with Linux command line including git
· Can use browser debuggers to diagnose performance issues
· Active on Github, CodePen or StackOverflow
· Knowledge of AWS services such as Lambda, S3, SNS, Fargate etc
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Completed kessel run in less than 12 parsecs
· Rescued the crew of the Kobayashi Maru on your third attempt
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Age/ Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor in Software Engineer, Computer Science, or the equivalent in demonstrable work experience and portfolio
· 5+ years of experience software engineering experience
· 4+ years of experience with CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· 4+ years of experience with client-side framework like Angular-JS or React
· 4+ years of experience writing testable code
· 4+ years of expereince with design patterns