Amazon is piloting "Part-Time Tech Teams" in the HR group. This team works 30 hours per week (Mon-Thurs is a common schedule) and receives the same benefits as full-time employees, with compensation proportionate to working 3/4 time. This is a pilot program, but you will be guaranteed a part-time job regardless of the outcome of the program, and you can switch to full-time on request. The program aims to provide real, impactful work with the same promotion and growth opportunities of full-time teams.
Our team is building a data processing framework to help query, transform, and securely transmit employee data between HR systems and vendors. These systems drive HR business processes for Amazon worldwide, including payroll, benefits, recruiting, training and more, reflecting the diversity and complexity of Amazon's global employee population. The framework includes common interfaces to query employee data, standard compute environments to run business logic and transformations, runtime configuration and controls for scheduled processes, monitoring and alarming of scheduled processes, and mechanisms to ensure secure delivery of data. Our software stack is built using common data storage services like AWS DynamoDB and S3, query services like AWS Athena and RDS, and compute services like EC2.
In this role you will contribute to all aspects of our agile software development lifecycle including architecture, design, coding, documentation, testing, and operations. You should have strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and be motivated to deliver high quality results.
This initiative was created with Amazon's diverse workforce in mind and the realization that the traditional full-time schedule may not be a "one size fits all" model. Although this is new for technical job familes, the concept of part-time employment is not new to Amazon - there are non-tech individuals who currently work a reduced 30 hour per week schedule. What is novel for Amazon is the creation of teams that are entirely comprised of part-time employees, including managers.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
· 5 years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or PERL
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.