This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle, or Tempe)
AWS Training and Certification - Senior Localization Manager
Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. These organizations need individuals with cloud skills to help transform their business. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud IT skills and careers.
You are someone who will roll up your sleeves, dive deep, learn the business, and have experience with localization methods, processes, and tools. We need an experienced Senior Localization Manager to mature and scale localization capabilities and provide customers the right experience in their native language. The role sits within the Product Management team and is the owner defining strategy, identifying and deploying mechanisms to raise the bar on the localized experiences, serving as a liaison between our internal and external stakeholders, and partnering across the Training and Certification organization looking to optimize methods and timelines, ensuring we are focused on the right audiences meeting results aligned to business directions and strategy.
The ideal candidate has a passion for training and education, be data-driven and have a strong understanding of KPIs, who can demonstrate teamwork, relationship building, and delivering results. You should have exceptional written and oral communication skills. Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, passionate about education and training, delighting customers, and comfortable working with the team, with stakeholders, and leadership.
-Define and drive mechanisms to prioritize and improve localization across multiple training offerings and languages simultaneously
-Manage localization success metrics, including productivity, financials, and proactive internal and external customer feedback gathering
-Collaborate with corporate and international internal partners to understand and address localization pain points
-Evaluate process and methods for training content production and partner with our Curriculum team to test and implement strategies to design our offerings that will optimize time to market for localized offerings
-Develop project plans, establish SLAs and workflows for internal teams and external vendors
-Manage time, budget, resources, and quality control
-Work with partners to improve translation methods and measure cycle times
-Proactively collaborate with relevant stakeholders to resolve questions or issues related to source file discrepancies, terminology, language quality and workflow
-Define methods to anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with technical constraints.
· Experience with curriculum development processes and modular courseware development
· Experience with multiple learning modalities [e.g. eLearning, video, hands-on-labs, ILT, Virtual ILT, gaming/gamification]
· Experience with complex technical scenarios and strategies for hands on lab activities to support validation of learning
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data specific to localization quality (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research or focus groups)
· Content Management Systems (CMS) experience
· Fluency in a non-English language
· Project Management certification and the use of project tracking tools (Clarizen)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years’ experience as localization or translation project leader, including experience creating new programs
· Advanced, in-depth knowledge of internationalization and localization
· Thorough understanding of localization file formats (HTML, XML, etc.) and CAT tools
· Excellent English-language communication skills, both written and verbal
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and in a fast-paced environment
· Proven abilities in stakeholder management, project planning, resource and risk management
· Strong team player in a multi-cultural environment, and comfort presenting to senior leaders
· Evidence of independently identifying down-stream technical problems (i.e. system incompatibility, resource unavailability) that will conflict with localization objectives
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which includes excellent listening skills, concise communications, and targeting the message to specific audiences
· Experience working with software developers in an Agile/Scrum environment is a plus.
Demonstrated ability to influence people and teams at every level in the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· Ability to travel up to 50% of your time (variable)