Amazon is seeking a skilled, motivated and customer-obsessed Instructional Designer with a history of high performance and creativity to support in-house content creation and management for the STAR LXD team.
What is STAR?
Selling Partner Trust, Abuse, Risk, and Reviews (STAR) works towards making Amazon the Earth’s safest and the most trusted store by taking accurate and timely decisions. We minimize risk-related losses, by evolving policies, catching new fraud patterns, and when trade-offs need to be made, we prioritize Buyers, Sellers, and Amazon …in that order. We provide investigators with coaching and training that will enable them to make faster decisions with zero defects. Human judgment is an integral part of our decision process. We invest in building a highly skilled, motivated workforce whose expertise is critical in the development of our systems and processes.
· Identify training needs mapped to business outcomes by partnering with business leaders, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other key stakeholders.
· Determine, recommend, and document performance objectives, project instructional standards, learner engagement strategies, and evaluation plan based on the business and learner needs.
· Design solutions including different modalities such as classroom training including activities, interactive eLearning, simulations, case studies, etc.
· Develop course content including, but not limited to, measurable performance objectives, scenarios, simulations, audio scripts, progress checks, performance evaluations, reference glossaries, and assessments.
· Scope or contribute to scoping effort based on the solution design.
· Gather, develop, and write content based on interviews with stakeholders and SMEs.
· Develop course material in tools such as Storyline, Xyleme, Questionmark, etc.
· Revise and rewrite course content based on data illustrating ROI or efficacy of training modules.
· Manage training content/updates residing on SharePoint or other content management systems.
· Upload, test and maintain content to an LMS.
· May work with vendors for larger programs to review the tooling and training deliverables being created.
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education Technology, or similar field
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
· Program or project management skills
· Experience creating technical/tool training for systems-based learning
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in education, communication, or related field.
· Relevant experience in an instructional design role.
· Demonstrated experience designing and developing ILT/eLearning materials (Note: A work sample will be requested as part of the hiring process)
· Experience collaborating with global stakeholders, SMEs, front-line managers and front-line employees
· Experience explaining complex topics to a novice audience Demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, or Flash
· Experience with coordination and organization for global initiatives
· Demonstrated use of multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and outcomes
· Demonstrated adult learning implementation and driving performance through impactful training
· Ability to assess training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders