The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Network Operations Team is looking for a smart, driven, problem solving Instructional Designer with experience working across multiple instructional delivery modalities. The Instructional Designer will create and continuously improve learning programs using an array of creative approaches that inspire learners and drive productivity. This includes eLearning and just-in-time performance support development, and may also involve development of instructor-led course materials and other learning programs. The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Use appropriate tools and delivery methods to produce blended learning materials promoting learning through self-study, practice, performance support, socialization and knowledge-sharing.
· Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability.
· Leverage technology to improve learner access and provide just in time learning.
· Pursue a deep understanding of learner roles to ensure that learning solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and end users.
· Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology and tools through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation.
· Participate in a community of learning professionals to share best practices and identify emerging learning needs.
· Develop assessments that measure learner outcomes including productivity and understanding
· Demonstrated proficiency with SCORM compliant production tools
· LMS (e.g., Cornerstone) administration experience including eLearning publishing and learning assessments.
· History of sparking improvements in learning strategy and content through collaboration and prototyping.
· Experience in a major corporate training environment working on instructional design assignments across multiple teams or groups.
· Proficiency with Visio, HTML, Photoshop is a plus.
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate
· Graduate degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field.
· Experience developing and supporting training for technical teams.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· At least 5 years’ experience in instructional design and developing learning content.
· Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
· Expertise in designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training.
· Experience developing a variety of learning modalities such as eLearning, performance support aids, online tutorials and collaborative learning environments.
· Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers.
· Experience developing to current industry and adult learning standards.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Ability to explain technical topics to novices
· Demonstrated track record of developing learning that drives performance improvement.
· Proven project management experience and the ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines.
· Ability to use judgment in selecting proper learning solutions based on learner need.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals.
· Demonstrated obsession regarding the customer experience; never settle for good enough, and continually inspire others to do better for the customer.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.