At PillPack, an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon acquired in 2018, our customers come first. PillPack Pharmacy is committed to building the future of pharmacy and to deliver on being the earth’s most customer centric Pharmacy. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you are passionate about the future of healthcare this is your chance to make history by joining the PillPack Network.
PillPack Fulfillment is looking for a smart, driven, problem solving Instructional Designer with experience working across multiple instructional delivery modalities. The Instructional Designer will create and continuously improve learning programs using an array of creative approaches that inspire learners and drive productivity. This includes eLearning and just-in-time performance support development, and may also involve development of instructor-led course materials and other learning programs. The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before.
As an Instructional Designer, you will create and continuously improve learning programs using an array of creative approaches that inspire learners and drive productivity and accuracy.
A work sample demonstrating your experience and skill using course authoring tools and ID theory will be requested as part of the hiring process.
In this role, you will:
· Partner with program managers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other key stakeholders to identify target audience training needs against required training timelines
· Conduct stakeholder and SME interviews to determine, recommend and document project instructional standards, learner engagement strategies and evaluation plan
· Design and develop course content including, but not limited to, measurable learning objectives, scenarios, simulations, audio scripts, progress checks, performance evaluations, reference glossaries, and knowledge assessments
· Design and develop new hire and tenured testing assessments
· Utilize ADDIE, SAM, Kirkpatrick and other recognized models to rapidly design, develop, and publish engaging course content and learning activities for ILT, online, and virtual modalities with continuous evaluation/improvement cycles for the course content
· Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format (usually from face-to-face to eLearning or virtual settings)
· Revise and rewrite course content based on data illustrating ROI or efficacy of training modules
· Upload, test, and maintain content to an LMS
· Contribute to continuous improvement of instructional design and training processes
· Coach and mentor less experienced staff
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education Technology, or similar field
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate
Ideal candidate profile
· At least 5 years experience in instructional design and developing learning content
· Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
· Expertise in designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training for Operations and Technical Teams and Organizations
· Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials in all modalities, including ILT, e-learning, video
· A work sample demonstrating your experience and skill using course authoring tools and ID theory with measurable results will be will be required as part of the hiring process
· Experience collaborating with stakeholders, SMEs, front-line managers and front-line employees
· Experience explaining complex topics to a novice audience
· Demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, or Flash (Demonstrated proficiency with SCORM compliant production tools)
· Demonstrated use of multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and outcomes
· Demonstrated adult learning implementation and driving performance through impactful training
· Ability to assess training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders
· Program or project management skills
· Ability to use judgment in selecting proper learning solutions based on learner need
· Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals