Ring is looking for a qualified Infrastructure Security Engineer to drive continuous improvement in policy, systems, and tools securing critical data and infrastructure. A Ring Infrastructure Security Engineer is relentless in identifying threats through systems, data, and market trend analysis and working with a complex set of service teams in implementing defense solutions.
· Develop and implement consistent and automated patch management in concert with systems teams.
· Develop and implement network and process controls for Kubernetes environments.
· Assist Incident Response Team with SIEM engineering tasks.
· Provide backup on-call support to the Incident Response team.
· Evaluate or create new technologies and services in order to solve complex security issues.
· Perform design reviews and risk assessments for new production instances configurations.
· Strong interpersonal skills through a keen understanding of one’s own behavior and work style with tolerance for others’ work styles, needs, and viewpoints.
· Consideration for others through courtesy, respect, humility, and a service-oriented attitude.
· Comfortable in a high speed, startup environment.
· Proven history of drafting and championing security policy with service teams.
· Comfortable with ambiguity and an ability to bring clarity to those situations.
· Experience and detailed technical knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
· 4+ years of experience working as an infrastructure engineer or system administrator in an information security discipline.
· 3+ years of experience writing python code, as a core or ancillary duty.
· 3+ years of experience in Splunk, ELK, or similar data platforms for analysis and detection of events or issues.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the integration of Amazon Web Services with fundamental Information Security principles for both architectural review and implementation.
· General knowledge of GNU/Linux, and specific knowledge of Ubuntu.