An excellent opportunity has arisen for an outstanding Infrastructure Engineer to secure a position within our fantastic and growing organization based in London. As a leading provider of software systems across the world we will give the Infrastructure Engineer the chance to work on a range of infrastructure and software projects in a vibrant and challenging environment. You will be utilising the latest technology and will be an integral part of a small but dynamic team.
This is a challenging role and we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who will service our in-house and cloud-based development tools. You will have experience as an Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Administrator or similar role.
The successful applicant will be ambitious, highly motivated and have superb communications skills.
Responsibilities and Activities
• Actively engage with the business to understand both current and future IT systems requirements and that requirements fall within corporate policy.
• Build and develop systems to requirements and ensure projects are managed efficiently. With solutions being delivered within SLA levels complete with documentation.
• Configure, maintain and monitor existing infrastructure and ensure that it is functioning correctly.
• Ensure day-to-day maintenance tasks are performed, for example backups, monitoring systems, and reporting functions.
• Perform fault analysis on systems issues and implement long-term solutions, avoiding quick fixes.
• Maintain accurate and detailed documentation.
• Assist with the implementation of policy and strategy for information technology and computer systems as directed by the manager to ensure that staff and computer systems comply with legislative and organisational requirements.
• Actively participate in and contribute to an ongoing process of supervision, team meetings, general staff meetings and professional development strategies to ensure your work is consistent with organisational goals and to provide input using your technical expertise.
• Perform other duties to assist with the work of the unit as requested by the Manager (or designate).