As a member of the Global Real Estate & Facilities (GREF) team overseeing corporate office space – this position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Amazon’s Corporate Offices in Sunnyvale. The role will be based in Sunnyvale and will include some travel.
The successful candidate must operate as a true partner to local business leaders, finance, HR, IT, and other functional areas. They must be comfortable operating on both the strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer. Having passion and in-depth knowledge of FM Operations with a financial focus and Property Management understanding, is critical. This individual also has experience developing, implementing and managing a number of scalable programs.
The optimal candidate is an experienced and vibrant professional who will excel within an entrepreneurial culture – providing vision, leadership, and communication – but not afraid to dive into details. They should also understand the nuances of being an approachable but smart client or buyer – fostering transparent external relationships, and balancing frugality with creativity.
· Ensures all facilities are operated and maintained in alignment with established standards and procedures. Further develops standards and procedures as business and customer needs evolve.
· Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties
· Develops, cultivates and owns key relationships with Landlords, Property Management companies and third party service providers and vendors.
· Partners with other GREF teams to ensure capital projects, operations projects and re-configurations are managed successfully with outstanding customer service
· Partners with GREF Program managers to support programs such as reception, mail/post services, space management, MAC services and parking.
· Drive and Support strategic initiatives for the portfolio.
· Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as HR, IT, Corporate Security, Safety/Emergency Preparedness, Business Assurance and Business Continuity.
· Participate in any site level crisis including local FM, Stakeholders, HR, GREF Leadership, BAC, Corp Sec, Business Continuity (risk/legal when required)
· Preparation of annual budget, oversight and management, with emphasis on managing spend of vendor partners to ensure compliance with Amazon spending and transaction policies.
· Review annual budget development, financial variance reports and operations analysis.
· Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships with team and customers (Amazon employees).
· Responsible for managing small operations-based projects
· Partner with Workplace teams on new initiatives, site retrofits, etc
· Conducts regular, formal site condition inspections and solutions systemic deficiencies identified
· Collaborate with global peers to ensure consistency, lessons learned, and best practices across regions
· Owns monthly/quarterly reporting to business leaders to include updates on transactions, projects, and operations.
· University/undergraduate degree in business administration, engineering, hospitality, or a similar discipline; OR alternative to a degree, an additional 3-4 years of relevant professional experience
· Highly competent with personal computers and productivity software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and SharePoint
· Experience with preparation of annual property budgets, preparation, oversight and management of annual budgets
· Understanding of sourcing/procurement, building systems and maintenance, vendor management and customer service
· Comfortable with legal terms and structures for standard commercial contracts
· Strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
· Proven self-starter who sets aggressive goals and consistently gets results
· Effective resource management and project management skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years professional experience in one or more of the following fields: facilities management, office management, corporate administrative services, and/or hospitality management
· Experience building and managing a team or department