Description de l'offre
Amazon's Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We are looking for inventors who want to help us build our data centres for IoT devices. You do not need to know everything, you just need to want to, and bring along a bag of enthusiasm and positivity for the journey. Sign up! Make the impact you always wanted to. Collaboration and passion are essential ingredients for success and you will be surrounded by driven, forward thinking individuals. Be prepared to bring unique and creative ideas to every discussion.
With platform complexity increasing, and exponential increases in the number of customer device types, our ability to test on customer devices has understandably struggled to keep up. With hundreds of devices currently supported, and many more being certified in the future, we are changing how we work with devices to ensure that even at this scale we can assure the exceptional customer experience at all times. Working with devices is a hard engineering problem, due to the fact that they typically share no standard operating system, I/O, installation or debugging tooling. We have to support all of them from the latest Android right through to Smart TVs.
We are looking for builders, inventors and generally awesome engineers. If you see there are no problems, but only solutions yet to be made, then this your role!
· Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
· Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or SUSE Certified Linux Engineer (CLE) or equivalent work experience
· Cisco CCNA Certification or equivalent work experience
· Strong understanding of Linux and/or Windows performance tuning and problem diagnosis
· Strong understanding of server platforms, patching and administration functions
· Experience of Network security and management
· Superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
· Operationally focused and customer obsessed
· Strong understanding in developing alarming, monitoring and operational dashboards
· Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
· Experience with programmable power supply, VPN set-up and maintenance