Technology improvements, expanding business needs, and a heightened focus on personnel accommodations have resulted in a significant increase in the number of Amazon Employees working in offsite locations. Development of a safety and security program for virtual employees is an essential component to ensure a legally compliant, consistent, and robust support infrastructure for Amazon.
Amazon's Corporate Security and Environment, Health, Safety (EHS) team is seeking a Program Manager to execute and drive EHS and Security programming for virtual employees throughout the Americas (AMER) region. The successful candidate will define/refine Security and EHS policies, review new compliance processes across the Amazon corporate network and work cross-functionally with stakeholders. This role can be accomplished from a variety of locations and will be determined based on candidate preference. Seattle and/or Bellevue are not location options for this role.
This role will manage a wide range of EHS and Security responsibilities, including Liaising with regional leaders and other critical support functions. This role has a wide remit to assess, develop and implement EHS and Security standards for virtual employees across all AMER locations and will have strong project management, metrics analysis, and process improvement skills. The scope of this position includes North America, Central America, and South America.
The extent of your duties will include the following:
· Understanding EHS and Security data and information related to virtual employees (e.g. laws, regulations, benchmarking studies, industry best practices) to discover trends and inform risk-based planning for resources and programming.
· Working with regional EHS managers and business team-leads to enhance plans for responding to emergencies and disruptive events impacting virtual employees.
· Developing long term goals, metrics, and key performance indicators to drive continuous improvement aimed at enhancing the resiliency of virtual employees.
· Partnering with EHS and Security stakeholders to ensure information on policies and programs are communicated, implemented, and executed upon among employees, vendors, and third-party contractors.
· Managing injury/illness prevention – reviewing root cause and identifying themes across the AMER portfolio for virtual employees.
· Liaising with other functional teams including Legal, Human Resources, IT, Business Continuity, Crisis Management, Sustainability, Facilities, Learning and Development, and others to enhance the virtual employee experience.
· Updating existing policy and procedure documents to ensure the EHS and Security strategy is fully delivered and that key elements are aligned.
· Generating regular technical and programmatic updates for the Corporate EHS and Security leadership teams.
· Working to develop reliable and consistent mechanisms to support virtual employees, such as onboarding programs and regular communications, etc.
· Being a key contributor to the team strategy and contributing to the aligned Global approach for virtual employees.
· Advanced degree in a related field
· Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results
· Strong interpersonal skills including the written and oral communication skills necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making
· Experience with EHS and/or Security regulations and regulatory entities
· Lean, 5S, Behavioral Change, and Kaizen experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· A professional college degree in a relevant field
· 3+ years’ experience in Environment, Health, and Safety and/or Security
· 3+ years’ experience managing complex, multi-disciplinary projects
· Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities, workload, and global travel
· Excellent communication and influencing skills – results orientated