Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Control Systems Technicians!
A proactive Control Systems Technician (CST) support role for fulfillment center operations, focusing on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain material handling control systems, including /PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
2. Monitor MHE metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues.
3. Utilize FC System Assessment reports to improve material handling system performance through maintaining and repairing identified deficiencies.
4. Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
5. Communicate technical issues to Facilities and Operations management.
• Associates degree in electronic technology or related field or equivalent experience
• Systems controls knowledge or programming experience
• Field service engineering experience
• Systems trainer or training experience
• Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
• Experience with advanced automation controls systems
• Experience with industrial robotics
• Experience with ASRS systems
• Project management experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
• Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot AB RS LOGIX 5000 's and components
• Ability to identify and maintain Robotics system components
• Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot HMI components
• Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot control network components
• Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
• Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
• Understand concepts of Warehouse Management System Software including Warehouse control systems
• Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to interpret drawings both mechanical and electrical
• Ability to identify, maintain, and utilize SCADA systems and KPI's
• Ability to train others with lesser skills
• Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
• Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others