Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Technicians!
A proactive Technician (CST) support role for fulfillment center operations, focusing on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining equipment such as conveyors, sortation , scanners, cameras, print and apply , scales, HMI , and cabinets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain , including /PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, , servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution .
2. Monitor metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues.
3. Utilize FC System Assessment reports to improve system performance through maintaining and repairing identified deficiencies.
4. Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
5. Communicate technical issues to Facilities and Operations .
• Associates degree in electronic technology or related or equivalent experience
• controls knowledge or programming experience
• engineering experience
• trainer or training experience
• Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation
• Experience with advanced automation controls
• Experience with industrial robotics
• Experience with ASRS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
• Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot AB RS LOGIX 5000 's and components
• Ability to identify and maintain Robotics system components
• Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot HMI components
• Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot network components
• Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot Controls including starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
• Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC
• Understand concepts of Warehouse System Software including Warehouse
• Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to interpret drawings both mechanical and electrical
• Ability to identify, maintain, and utilize SCADA and KPI's
• Ability to train others with lesser skills
• Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
• Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others