Amazon is looking for an exceptional Technical Writer – Arabic-speaking, to maintain content and drive localization efforts needed for Amazon in Arabic-speaking countries.
Our external business client base is growing rapidly, and as a technical writer on this team you will interact with technical writers and business/product teams in Brazil, Mexico, the U.S., EU, and Asia to draft, edit, localise and review translations from US English to ar_SA and maintain editorial content, including help pages, email templates for associates, and announcements for the Arabic-speaking Seller platforms. You will participate in content management efforts, process development, and quality governance in support of team success. This position will be located in either Ireland or Egypt.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- Outstanding skills in writing about complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
· Proven experience of technical editing/writing in a similar role.
· Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and deliver results in a fast-faced environment
· Ability to be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
· Native speaker of Arabic with fluency in written US English.
· Outstanding localisation skills from US English into Arabic.
· Solid experience in project management and coordination.
· Affinity for technology and a proven background in technical writing or editing.
· Precise documentation and clear communication skills.
· Strong XML/HTML skills.
· Working knowledge of "Trados" or other CAT tools.
· Knowledge of CMS and machine translation is preferred.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, stock units and other excellent benefits. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the world's leading online retailers.