As a Configuration Analyst you will help grow the capabilities of current systems, driving continuous improvement to meet our needs as a developer of a world class cloud computing service provider. You will be responsible for configuration and data management task. This position will also serve to promote best practices and internal business processes with relation to change management and general PLM functions. We are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a desire to drive change, and long for the opportunity to analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems.
The Configuration Analyst’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Work with Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Operations, Program Management, and other supporting functions in order to accurately structure new products and document product changes as part of the product development, continuous improvement, and sustaining engineering processes.
· Manage the creation and revision of Configuration Items (CI) within the CMDB.
· Drive timely part setup, BOM releases, BOM changes to support new product introduction (NPI) as well as sustaining business.
· Act as an advocate of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) best practices, methods, and processes. Interface with all key internal customers and external customers in order to accurately process changes and structure new products.
· Participate in continuous process improvements focused on systems, reporting, and data analysis efficiency.
· Write and maintain SOP documentation and provide user training.
· Proven experience in creating and managing BOM’s in high tech or engineering environments
· Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving
· Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with diverse internal and external customer groups.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
“Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.”
Amazon is committed to create a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. European Commission – Equal Opportunities.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology/Industrial Engineering or related discipline
· 3+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role.
· Experience creating and managing BOM’s in high tech or engineering environments including experience with BOM hierarchy, including hardware, software/firmware and document components.
· Experience working with a product release cycle as it relates to the creation and change management of parts and BOM structures while using product lifecycle management applications such as Agile, or other PLM tools