At Amazon, our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our customer focus, innovative technologies, and world class operations. Driving all of our businesses are talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers.
We are seeking a Compensation Consultant for the UK and Republic of Ireland who will be responsible for partnering with various stakeholders to develop, lead and achieve compensation objectives aligned to a complex and dynamic business model.
The successful candidate will proactively identify compensation needs on a current and forward-looking basis and partner with client-facing HR Business Partners and Business Line Management to address compensation and related matters across Corporate, Retail, and Technology business lines.
You are an influencer - working to gain alignment with different constituencies, representing a common point of view across internal customers. You have the opportunity to leverage central practices in working with international compensation teams for an alignment with global and regional strategies, market conditions, business requirements, and support the approval and deployment of harmonized policies.
On the Amazon Compensation team, you are surrounded by exceptionally bright talented people who are driven by the shared belief that world class support is critical to the success of both our customers and employees. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for people, analytics and accountability, and setting high standards. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too!
What you can expect in this role:
· Ownership of variety of projects including program design, analysis and modeling, budgeting, and implementation of new programs
· Partnering with global stakeholders on compensation issues, and work on a variety of special compensation projects as needed
· Drive monthly processes related to compensation adjustments, job evaluation, and recruiting team support
· Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives
· Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, and stock compensation
· Consult with business on job evaluations using market data and internal evaluation
· Conduct custom surveys with key industry contacts, as needed
· Partner with the global compensation and benefit teams on C&B issues, and work on a variety of special compensation and benefits projects as needed
· Collaborate on benefits projects that include analysis, market bench-marking, implementation and communication
· Work to gain alignment with different business lines and represents a common point of view across multiple stakeholders