Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Colocation Field Engineer with an Electrical Engineering background in mission critical facilities design, field, or operational engineering experience to become part of a global team that is responsible for performing availability and performance audits of our Colocation data centers. As engineers at Amazon, we are responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers so we need to ensure that our Colocation data centers have resilient designs, cost effective systems, and an industry leading operational management program.
As one of our Colocation Field Engineers, you will work directly with the engineering and/or operations teams for the Colocation data centers within your assigned region to drive continuous advancements and improvements within their designs and operations. We will look to you for identifying availability risks then to provide suggestions for improving the availability/costs/performance/simplicity of the equipment/system designs and operational readiness programs.
This will include reviewing existing designs and contributing your field experience to collaborate with the other peer engineering teams to develop approved remediation plans for any issues found in the field. Amazon has a global presence, therefore, domestic and international travel will be necessary. Team work is absolutely necessary for us to accomplish our goals. You must be able to work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required tasks. This includes working with internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants, including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
If you have an understanding of the critical equipment needs for large infrastructure mission critical sites and equipment; especially data centers, and understand the constructability and maintainability of varying designs, you may be a good fit.
The Colocation Field Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Understanding the design and functionality of the data centers within your assigned region(s)
· Traveling to different data center regions to conduct engineering evaluations of critical infrastructure designs, equipment performance, equipment settings, and commissioning results
· Interpreting/evaluating Single Line Drawings (SLD), as-built drawings, equipment submittals, equipment specifications documentation, and performance data
· Creating detailed audit reports along with identifying solutions to remediate any immediate threats to our operations
· Leading internal teams to conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA), developing Corrective Action (CA) solutions/plans for design gaps and performance related problems, and reporting status of implementations
· Collaborating with Design and Commissioning Engineers to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical/mechanical systems per the design intent; then using this data to calibrate our performance models
· Reporting results of audits to Operations and Engineering teams
· Working on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of experience with leading MEP designs and/or complex root cause analyses in industrial or commercial in Mission Critical facilities combined with 1+ years of performing due diligence, design gap analysis, and/or operational performance audits of Mission Critical facilities
· Strong command and fluency in English both spoken and written.
· Comfortable with regular regional and global travel up to 50% of the time.