Amazon's Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is looking for an accomplished Application Engineer! With a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon, our team designs, builds & maintains an integrated planning & reporting platform that enables hundreds of finance representatives across the globe.
In addition to requiring a high level of technical expertise within Cognos TM1, this role is about understanding the needs of the business, the data behind it, and how to transform this information into technical solutions that allow the business to make swift, informed decisions. Ideal candidates will have expertise in all phases of the software development life cycle in building models that scale over time while balancing accuracy, flexibility and speed.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of finance leadership. If you're passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy, reduce waste, and improve work-life harmony for a large and rapidly growing finance user base, come join us!
· Deliver and maintain reliable, scalable, and efficient Cognos TM1 solutions by managing all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, modeling & design, development, testing, deployment, integration, documentation, and post-implementation maintenance.
· Manage ongoing user support according to priority (including rotational on-call availability for critical systems support) and coordinate change requests with development teams.
· Identify process improvement opportunities to drive innovation, and develop solutions that accelerate timelines and automate manual processes.
· Administer user permissions and system security settings.
· Assist with training delivery and detailed process documentation.
· Collaborate with 3rd party software vendors on issue resolution and product enhancement requirements.
Ideal candidate profile
· 4+ years of experience building Cognos TM1 analytic solutions, including model building and/or using TM1 as a data source in Cognos BI.
· Demonstrated experience working with users in a support capacity, including trouble ticket resolution and ability to serve as member of on-call rotation for critical off-hour support requests.
· Quick learner with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Knowledge of Data Warehouse, BI, OLAP, and dimensional modeling concepts.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Proven ability to succeed in a dynamic, results-oriented environment.
· Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA) in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance or related business/technical field required.