Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
This is your chance to make history.
Business area: Operations – Procurement
We make sure Amazon gets value for money every time it buys non-inventory goods and services for its Fulfilment Centres (FCs) and corporate business. It's a fast-paced operation that supports growth and change, works with every department and is driven by Key Performance Indicators – and there's plenty of healthy competition. We work individually and as part of teams, meeting regularly to cement our relationships and approach.
For more information about Amazon Operations, visit our microsite and click here: http://amazon-operations.eu
ROLE: BUYER - UK
The buyer is located in the FCs and is the Procurement Representative to the FC. The Buyer ensures that the FC requirements are captured and shared with the Category Teams. She/He is acting as a first escalation point for local supplier issues. She/He ensures that the local stakeholders are appropriately trained on Procurement tools. The Buyer works with the store coordinator to ensure that the shipping supplies are appropriately accounted for and that the local needs of the FC is met
· Work in full compliance with the company Spending and Transaction policy, educating and driving the correct behaviors of business stakeholders
· Build effective local stakeholder relationships, ensuring a high service level in terms of quotations and lead-times for local projects
· Manage the relationship with internal customers - partner with internal customers to positively influence spending decisions, to analyze and make recommendations to the business
· Understand the business needs within the local business groups & validate the requirements are justified
· Manage vendors to ensure timely deliveries and quality compliance
· Ensure availability of all goods and services in time - proactively support business owners to ensure equipment/ consumables/ service availability to meet agreed timescales
· Execute Purchase Orders including full tracking up to delivery on site
· Support implementation of Catalogues and promote/execute with local requesters higher spend penetration through Catalogs
· Ensure flawless procurement procedures on site - working with the relevant individuals to make improvements where required
· Deliver policy and process trainings to requesters and key stakeholders/functions
· Coordinate with local Store Coordinators
· Identify savings opportunities and partner with Category Managers to deliver savings through tenders/negotiations/contract renewals
· Support to negotiations, contracts implementation and maintenance, incl. supplier performance metrics
· Execute and support local and EU wide procurement projects and initiatives including liaising with the Shared Procurement Center