Description de l'offre
The Amazon Fashion catalog spans millions of items and variations ranging from high fashion to everyday wear. With a large, varied, and growing selection, we are looking for innovative ways to build a catalog that represents a single source of truth to drive product discovery, personalization, and a world-class shopping experience.
Downstream services such as product recommenders and browsing experiences are dependent upon high quality and consistent catalog attributes. To optimize these inputs, we will need to manage massive quantities of data and find novel ways to apply statistics and machine learning to complex business problems.
The Amazon Fashion team is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to quantify customer insights, measure business problems/progress, and ultimately drive priorities that connect customers to the products they love. You will be at the intersection of big data, reporting and visualization, statistics, and business/product management. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists and product managers to design and quantify solutions that impact millions of customers, sometimes from the ground up and always at large-scale.
The ideal candidate is skilled in exploratory data analysis, defining and measuring key performance indicators, and has broad exposure to various data tools and languages (e.g., SQL, Python, etc.). They should be comfortable working with large-scale unstructured data from numerous sources (e.g., relational databases, NoSQL, streaming data, etc.). They should be able to ask the right questions, prioritize, and communicate/align across both technical and non-technical stakeholders. This candidate exemplifies bias for action, the desire to continuously invent and simplify, and most importantly, a genuine curiosity and passion for learning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Explore unstructured data and determine new catalog improvement opportunities and business impact
· Own reporting and measurement of ongoing projects
· Build data processes and workflows to automate reporting/metrics
· Design and conduct experiments to test and learn
· Work with product managers and scientists to use data/insights to drive product design and new customer experiences
· Communicate business/technical requirements in a way that is consumable by engineers and business stakeholders
· BS in Engineering or other technical/quantitative discipline
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
· Experience automating and managing reports/metrics
· High proficiency in SQL, Excel, and manipulating unstructured datasets
· Experience with data warehousing and ETL processes