As a Business Intelligence Engineer on Amazon's Fashion team, you work to ensure that the business, technology and machine learning teams have the data / insight they require to run innovative programs (e.g. Prime Wardrobe) effectively for our global customers. This will guide future feature development and help scale / optimise these new businesses. The primary focus will be on Prime Wardrobe (www.amazon.co.uk/primewardrobe) and new programs developed by the Fashion Customer Innovation team. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big and want to contribute directly to the success of these new businesses, you may be a prime candidate for this position.
The position will be based in London (or Munich or Madrid) but you will work with the Global team across Europe, US and Japan. You will be reporting to a Principal Product Manager, working intensely with his (larger) project team, including Technology and Finance. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and an analytical problem solver with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History”.
· Build and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
· Mentor and develop other Business Intelligence Analysts / Engineers.
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
· Interfacing with multiple international stakeholders gathering requirements and developing new datasets in data warehouse
· Tuning query performance
· Identifying data quality issues to address them immediately to provide great user experience
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
Ideal candidate profile
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
· 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
· 5+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing. Data Warehousing.
· Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR, Kinesis and RDS.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.).
· Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.