We are looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer to help manage our ever growing information needs and support analysis of increasingly complex business questions within the advertising space. You will join our agile team at our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland, where you will be focused on building understanding and measurement of how our teams deliver value to customers and guide decisions around product direction.
You will seek out hidden and valuable correlations between the easily-measurable and the hard-to-quantify, within immense volumes of real-world data. You will formulate quantitative metrics which allow us to track our progress, devise creative measurement and audit solutions which allow us to track those metrics with minimal cost and human effort, and design, build, and maintain the data pipelines and datasets which provide the foundation for your work. Your work will influence business, product, and technical direction, steering broader solutions in support of these objectives. This role is expected to push the boundaries of measurability without sacrificing rigor.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for you to grow your skill set, build your understanding of data science, and really make a difference for our customers and our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class analysis and measurement systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
Ideal candidate profile
· Experience in data mining in SQL.
· Experience in scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby).
· Familiarity with theory and practice of statistics and data mining.
· Demonstrated capability of extracting, transforming, and cleaning large (multi-TB) data sets.
· Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
· Experience in building dashboards and reports to surface business intelligence data.
· Proven interpersonal, written and verbal skills, capable of presenting your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form to large cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical members.
· Strong desire to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon's customers.
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.