Description de l'offre
Amazon is seeking a talented Business Intelligence Engineer to support Amazon Fresh and Amazon Prime Now - Amazon's rapidly-growing local grocery delivery services. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting and groundbreaking new initiative at Amazon in its early stages.
We are looking for an experienced, data-driven Business Intelligence Engineer to develop models, heuristics, and frameworks to inform areas including customer acquisition and retention strategies and demand forecasting. You will be responsible for developing methodologies to measure inputs to the business that improve customer and business outcomes.
Your primary responsibilities will be leading projects across cross functional teams to achieve our goals, and collaborating closely with business, product, and operational teams to deliver. As the business and its complexity grows, we need data-driven insights across a diverse set of geographies and customer segments.
· Owning the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support analytical and business needs.
· Work with team leadership to understand the customer needs and concerns as well as define solutions.
· Translate basic business problem statements into analysis requirements. Work with internal customers to define best output based on expressed stakeholder needs.
· Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex marketing problems and drive business decisions.
· Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
· Design and drive experiments, A/B testing, outlier deep dives and form actionable recommendations. Manage the implementation of those recommendations.
· Write queries and output efficiently, and have in-depth knowledge of the data available in area of expertise. Pull the data needed with standard query syntax; periodically identify more advanced methods of query optimization. Convert data to make it analysis-ready.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
· Review and audit existing ETL jobs and SQL queries.
· Bachelor's degree in math, finance, engineering, statistics, or related discipline is required.
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Fluency in Python or a similar modeling language, and proficiency in SQL
· 3 years in the analysis space as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Engineer, or similar roles.
· Experience using Python, Ruby, or other scripting languages to automate data retrieval, manipulation, and analysis.