Amazon’s Real Estate team is seeking an innovative, entrepreneurial, results-oriented, data-driven, customer and team-centric person and leader to help identify, negotiate and execute strategic relationships with potential real estate partners. This role combines leadership, strategic planning, relationship management, project management, and negotiations.
As Business Development Manager, you will be a part of Amazon’s Real Estate team and will work closely with Amazon’s leadership and product development teams to develop and secure strategic partnerships with potential real estate partners. In this critical role, you will help inform and drive store development, be required to handle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously, structure innovative and impactful partnerships, and effectively negotiate terms while creating great experiences for our partners and customers. You also will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure the business needs are being achieved. Over time, you may hire and develop a high-performance team. The Principal Business Development Manager will report to the VP, Real Estate.
This role will include travel.
The ideal candidate has solid business judgment with a proven track record of innovation, leading change, successful negotiations, and relationship management. Specific responsibilities will include to:
· Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage strategic partnerships that help us achieve our real estate objectives and provide customer delight
· Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of partnerships and work with appropriate functional leaders across Amazon to achieve strategic objectives and execute on relationships
· Hire and develop the best team of business development professionals and other management professionals to achieve our strategic objectives
· Manage a high volume deal flow of complex deals
· Create and present data-driven and financially sophisticated materials to sell new strategic initiatives to leadership
· Conduct field tours with key stakeholders of potential locations that align with site selection recommendations
· Build a robust pipeline of deals
· Align and work closely with various internal stakeholders to ensure requirements and the business needs are achieved through negotiations
· Create, innovate and implement a relevant system of metrics to plan, manage, measure and evaluate performance pertaining to the transaction process
· Travel up to 50% of the time