For more than 13 years, Amazon Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 170 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure.
AWS’s WW Sales Enablement organization is focused on empowering the industry’s most customer focused sales organization. To ensure that we can continue delivering on this goal, WW Enablement is transforming how we develop and deliver training and readiness.
AWS is hiring a Business Data Analyst to ensure clear business visibility and empower fact based decision making. As a Business Data Analyst, you will be in on the ground floor, shaping the way enablement performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
For this role, we’re looking for a talented data analyst who will help drive WW Enablement by helping us define and track KPIs, support strategic initiatives, and evaluate business impacts. You will be responsible for data analysis, dashboard/report building, and metrics reviews. You’ll help create self-service reporting tools to support the entire team. We’re seeking an individual who has the vision and strategic thinking skills to make analytics best in class at AWS.
Specifically, the WW Enablement Business Data Analyst will:
· Operationalize data processes: provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business
· Establish analytical framework for your team: partner across stakeholders to define measurement approach, quantify and evaluate success, and develop KPIs and guide tracking efforts for ongoing measurement and reporting
· Tackle analytic projects: resolve ambiguity as much as possible in all stages, comfortably flex among various tools to answer questions, and accurately identify the trade-offs between speed and quality and apply or route work as necessary
· Prioritize and execute what’s important: prioritize for both speed and impact, and optimize for return by focusing on work output that scales well and is reusable
· Maintain a culture of high quality output and customer service: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to unexpected obstacles and reallocate
Preference for this position to be in Seattle, WA, but open to these additional locations: San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Washington, D.C.; Austin, TX; Houston, TX; Herndon, VA; Boston, MA; and Atlanta, GA. Relocation offered within the US to any of these locations.
· Experience with sales and/or sales enablement
· Enterprise in software/ hardware industry
· Familiarity with machine learning techniques
· Proven track record of using data to generate insight and drive business results.
· Fluency in data analysis and communication around data
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical capabilities
· Ability to prioritize and multitask; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment
· Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Science, or Engineering
· +3 years of experience developing dashboards with tools such as Tableau, Quicksight, Domo
· +3 years of experience with SQL reporting.
· +3 years of experience working with CRM systems like Salesforce