At Amazon, we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable.
We are inventors that are working to build the best solutions to unique problems through breakthrough technology – for example, Kindle has revolutionized the way customers consume digital content. Working on the EU Amazon Content team will be unlike any job you have had.
The Kindle/Books EU Content team is looking for an experienced Business Analyst based in the London office.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions as well as outstanding business acumen. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and will be comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources.
In this role, you will design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, support and publish in-depth data interpretation to support the implementation plan of the business strategies.
You will contribute to solve complex and broad business problems with a logical approach. You will improve your data interpretation process with each iteration to provide automated solutions that scale and perform as well as offering insight into the EU Kindle/Books business.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
We offer a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount and pension scheme.
We are committed to keeping compensation fair and equitable.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, or Business
· Relevant experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or another related occupation
· Proficient programmer, with expert querying skills (SQL)
· Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concept and building new data tables
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Experience in building automation for reporting