We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening in 1995, we've been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Year-on-year, we're growing more and more rapidly. To help us maintain this, we're seeking a savvy, motivated Business Analyst to join our world-class Fulfillment & Operations network. We need you to function as the go-to source of business intelligence, as you help our busy Operations to continue working as smart as possible.
You'll be joining one of Europe's latest Fulfillment Centers. These facilities are at the heart of Amazon's rapidly growing business: they're where we manage our fast-moving inventory. Our associate teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
It's in this logistics environment that you'll teach us a thing or two. You're the type of professional who knows how to spend time wisely, you sweat the financial details that matter, and you instinctively know which details don't add value.
Business Analyst responsibilities:
In your day-to-day, you firmly believe in the saying: “don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today”:
· You'll use your expertise in the collection, analysis and management of quantitative financial data, as you create meaningful reports,
· You'll drive business improvements, while recommending cost reductions,
· Via root cause analysis, you'll leverage extensive FC data to uncover any underlying process- or finance related issues,
· You'll then assist your facility with necessary improvements or process changes, as well as aiding the creation of new measures to bolster site productivity,
· You'll recommend, develop and implement policies and programmes that guide our Operations in maintaining (and improving) its competitive position and profitability,
· Lead the development of all weekly and monthly financial metrics, alongside all financial planning, forecasting and reporting models:
· You'll take care of continuous innovation regarding your area of expertise, as you aim to improve your deliverables, while making them more readily accessible for everyone,
· You'll work with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key financial decision data is accurate, automated and delivered in a timely fashion,
· As an analyst, you're a quick thinker: able to manage competing priorities while providing level-headed guidance, even during unexpected events.
Ideal candidate profile
· BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering, or any similar discipline with a clear analytical bias,
· You've gained significant, relevant experience in similar business analyst positions,
· Demonstrable financial acumen, including deep familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as in root cause data interpretation,
· Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency in Excel; you're comfortable with macros, pivots, lookups and more,
· You're comfortable performing ad hoc financial analysis using data reporting tools