The Business Analyst works across the EU in a cross-functional environment to determine future demand and prices which could translates into saving opportunities.
The successful candidate will have strong data mining and modeling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideas and working from concept through to execution. This role will also build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep into data to determine root cause of forecast and pricing errors, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
A qualified candidate must have demonstrated ability to manage medium-scale modeling projects, identify requirements and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded but also explainable operationally, apply technical skills allowing the models to adapt to changing attributes. In addition to the modeling and technical skills, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, strong focus on customers and professional demeanor and high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts/frameworks, algorithms and technology rapidly as changes arise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Understanding of analytical simulations and assessments. Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data
· Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; following solution-driven approach to systems and processes, using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and manipulating/mining data from database tables (Redshift, Oracle, Data Warehouse)
· Create pricing models and develop the right pricing strategy to drive efficiency in European transportation operation
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and / or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
· Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors / Suppliers) and internal customers (Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
· Implement new processes and methodologies across the organization
The position is based in London.
Ideal candidate profile
· BA or BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or another technical field
· 3+ years in delivering and influencing business processes using data analysis
· An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
· Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis and data mining using software such as R, SQL, Python, SAS or SPSS
· Proficiency with Tableau, Microsoft Excel and VBA for developing interactive reports, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros etc.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Fluent in English. Further additional EU languages will be a strong plus