Facilities Technician (m/f)
Here at Amazon we are looking to hire an experienced Reliability Engineering Technician to join the team in one of our highly automated and fast paced Fulfilment Centers (FC).
We are looking to hire an experienced multi-skilled Facilities Technician to join the Facilities team in our Fulfillment Centre (FC) on a permanent basis.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Facilities Technician will be responsible for the general maintenance, housekeeping and repair of the building. To provide a reactive and pro-active facilities maintenance service to all end users and for the facilities infrastructure within the FC. The role has a direct impact on the site, its productivity and operation. If facilities equipment is not available or performs badly it impacts both office and operational staff within the FC especially in the area of waste management.
· Follow the safety rules applicable to the site and perform repairs and improvements to the building and infrastructure as required.
· Demonstrate SME levels of knowledge for all building systems.
· Mentor Facilities Support staff and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
· Assist Engineering Technicians in repairing and maintaining Material Handling Equipment MHE).
· Record all tasks, time spent and equipment used in our central database.
· Manage contractors brought in the support building systems and services.
· Experience of HVAC, Fire Alarm systems, Plumbing Lighting and Compressor/Pneumatics. Ability to fault find and repair these systems.
· Experience managing contractors in support of the above systems
· Experience in Mechanical or Electrical industries
· Experience tracking and storing the department's inventory, including spare parts
· Experience in supporting continuous improvement in department
· IT literate. Able to use MS Outlook, Word & Excel
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize different initiatives and work load.
· Ability to work successfully with little supervision.
· GCSE/NVQ2 in Electrical/Plumbing/Heating or equivalent discipline.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.