Job Title: AWS Technical Instructor
Opening Date: 16th April 2019
Closing Date: 16th May 2019
To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you have previous programming experience via application/web development, and can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences at different stages in the AWS journey, we'd like to speak with you. Amazon Web Services UK Limited is looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join the Training Team.
Here's your chance to work as a Trainer on a newly formed team, with high visibility and significant customer impact. The successful candidate is an experienced technical trainer, ideally with hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and/or in-depth knowledge of software architecture and virtualization technologies.
In this role, you will deliver training content to developers, administrators, architects, and partners to support adoption and usage of AWS infrastructure services. You'll have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships. You will have excellent communication skills and proven technology training experience.
- Help shape the ongoing strategy and mission of the AWS training program.
- Assist in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials.
- Deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and partners on a regular schedule.
- Work with key vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content.
- Assist in the development of a formalized Train-the-Trainer program for our Authorized Training Center partners and Contractors.
- Mentor and train internal and external authorized trainers as part of a train the trainer program.
Ideal candidate profile
Technical degree (i.e. Computer Science) or relevant work experience required.
Substantial experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration.
Experience conducting classroom training for related technology products and services.
Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills.
Recent experience architecting, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications
Recent coding experience in one or more of the following languages, Java, .Net, Perl, PHP, Ruby or Python.
Experience with Windows and Linux at the command line.
A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners.
Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired.