Amazon is looking for an Associate Security Engineer who can take on a role in helping respond to security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world : Amazon Web Services. The right candidate must thrive in high-pressure situations, think like both an attacker and defender, and drive relevant teams to take the right actions in the right timeframes to mitigate risks.
This position supports AWS security engineers and technical program managers with security operations and incident response activities. You will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating security response activities for all AWS products and services. You will drive security related issues to resolution across numerous service teams, interacting directly with those teams and other AWS Security engineers.
A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks which may include small-project and software development work. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties.
· Proactively support knowledge sharing within the team and across the company
· Participate in efforts to promote security throughout the Company and build good working relationships within the team and with others across Amazon
· Demonstrate high capacity and tolerance for extreme context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and effective
· Partner with teams throughout the Company
· Develop pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements while maintaining an acceptable level of risk· Security metrics delivery and improvements
Ideal candidate profile
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
· Minimum one year experience in information security.
· Minimum one year experience with troubleshooting skills
· Minimum one year experience in with IT security (threat modeling, penetration testing, incident response, network security, physical security, etc.)
· Minimum one year experience in a programming language (Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.) and one year system administration expereince, especially Linux/UNIX