Are you a data and analytics specialist? Do you have deep expertise in AWS services for managing data at speed and scale? Do you think big about how data can change the world, and love building software? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects and engineers to collaborate with our customers on building solutions in database, data management, and analytics. AWS Data Labs are a Seattle, AWS headquarters based facility where customers come to build data and analytics platforms. You will focus on real time and batch-based data processing, business intelligence, analytics, and machine learning systems. These solutions are built alongside the customer and quickly put into production use in a matter of weeks. You'll work closely with AWS Field Teams including Solution Architects, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Service Developers to partner with customers to solve hard problems with data. Every day, you'll be working with AWS Services and Data Labs Customers to determine the optimal implementation, build it, prove it works, extract documents and CloudFormation templates to speed project delivery. If you are builder, and love data, then this could be your ideal job!
Roles & Responsibilities
· Understand customer requirements and render those as architectural models that will operate at large scale and high performance. Where customers have architectures prepared, validate them against non-functional requirements and finalize the build model.
· Work alongside customers to build data management platforms using Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Redshift, Kinesis, Amazon Machine Learning, Amazon Athena, Lake Formation, S3, AWS Glue, DynamoDB, ElastiCache and the Relational Database Service (RDS)
· Render working, high performance data management solutions, as CloudFormation and reusable artifacts for implementation by the customer
· Prepare architecture and design briefs that outline the key features and decision points of the application built in the Data Lab
· Work with customers to advise on changes as they put these systems live on AWS
· Extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns from these engagements for sharing with the worldwide AWS solution architect community
· Hands on experience leading large-scale global database, data warehousing and analytics projects.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing.
· Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
· Experience with Statistics, Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling.
· Hands on experience as a database, data warehouse, big data/analytics developer or administrator, or work as a data scientist.
· Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
· Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics
· Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· Highly technical and analytical, possessing seven or more years of Database and/or Analytics Systems development and deployment experience, IT systems and engineering experience, security and compliance experience, etc.
· Possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and implementation/consulting experience.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· Ability to think understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
· Implementation and tuning experience in the Big Data Ecosystem, (such as EMR, Hadoop, Spark, R, Presto, Hive), Database (such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server), NoSQL (such as DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, design principles) and Data Warehousing (such as Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, schema design, query tuning and optimization) and data migration and integration.
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
· Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
· BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred. [DB1]
· AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty