Audit & Compliance Officer - North
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon Logistics is looking to hire a passionate, dynamic, analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Audit & Compliance Officer to cover the Midland region. This is a pivotal role in terms of ensuring Amazon achieves its growth plans whilst remaining compliant.
Please note - this role will require regular travel across the Midlands region and as such could be based from anyone of our Midlands based Delivery Stations, including; Banbury, Birmingham, Worcester, Northampton or Luton,
The successful candidate will be:
· Responsible for maintaining accurate records across our UK network ensuring Amazon standards are met at all times.
· Liaising with Amazon Logistics auditors to support the annual review process
· Responsible for conducting audits on third party contractors at regular intervals throughout the year, including spot check audits and pre-approval screening as required
· Responsible for setting next steps within agreed timelines and managing subsequent compliance and/or making recommendations for appropriate action
· Responsible for conducting both overt and covert investigations as required
· Provision of clear targets and remedial actions when standards fall below contractual criteria
· Responsible for assessing suppliers against the Amazon supplier code of conduct
· Monitoring suppliers' adherence to the contractual ‘driver' model (or the latest business operating model)
· Support for any external audit requirements e.g. Home Office Right to Work etc.
You will ideally be an experienced Audit & Compliance Officer / Coordinator, though candidates who can demonstrate a proven track record in managing auditing processes, or general administration regarding employee contracts, pre-employment checks within a logistics, distribution, or transport environment will be considered.
· Experience of managing compliance in a national business
· Experience of managing the compliance processes for third party contractors
· Knowledge of the transportation industry or experience of managing 3rd party suppliers is not essential, though would be advantageous
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize.
· A flexible outlook and ability to adapt to change
· The ability to work to and meet strict deadlines is essential