Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Seattle, USA, Amazon has grown to be a Fortune 100 company and a global leader in e-commerce. With a mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices,” Amazon offers millions of items to our customers from tens of thousands of sellers.
The Site Merchandiser will ensure that accurate, comprehensive and high-quality product information is available on all products we carry, and that customer expectations are set and met to a high standard. He or she will write and schedule content on emails, home pages, category pages, and pages across the site, compile and analyze traffic and other web metrics, and report on performance to our management teams. He or she will propose, plan and execute new features, stores, and products with minimal oversight, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve project goals. This person will set goals that all functions may be involved in achieving and will liaise with tech teams and global category teams to execute. He or she will help to drive feature launches and site improvements to completion by coordinating with project managers, developers, the marketing team, designers, and other editors in similar roles across the business.
Technical requirements include HTML, XML and Excel, plus the ability to learn our in-house tools quickly. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, able to take direction, and work well with multiple teams. In addition to having first-class written and verbal communication skills in English, this Site Merchandiser will be able to prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be innovative and internally motivated and have strong interest in and some experience with online merchandising.
· Experience designing and executing online customer experiences
· Strong communication skills; experience in coordinating teams and communicating to senior management
· Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up feature and customer segment recommendations
· Aptitude for organization, flexibility and producing results in a fast paced environment
· Capability to meet our technical requirements, which include HTML, XML and Excel, plus the ability to learn our in-house tools quickly
· Post Graduate preferred
Ideal candidate profile
· Coordinating and managing resources to provide thorough and authoritative detail page content
· Broadly managing the quality of our catalogue and the resulting customer experience; managing related projects such as improving product data quality, attribute and image collection, browse cleanups, photo studio usage, etc.
· Tracking and analyzing customer needs based on customer behaviors including searching, browsing and purchasing, identifying problems and opportunities and responding accordingly, engaging the cross-functional team where necessary
· Planning and executing the site merchandising calendar. This includes email programs, new product launches, cross-category placements, developing and executing Amazon site-wide events, browse tree design and search results
· Develop merchandising for large storewide promotions, and work closely with buyers and marketing to schedule promotions
· Create emails, category pages, brand stores, campaigns, and develop and manage free search improvement projects
· Synthesize and analyze relevant content metrics
· Propose new traffic-driving content strategies
· Regularly develop, test and analyze new merchandising tactics that sell products across all categories and increase conversion rates, documenting the results and sharing best practices with the team